Do you use picture prompts in your classroom? Would you like to start using picture prompts in your classroom? Well Selina Smith from Classroom Magic and I have partnered up to bring you some of the BEST picture prompts!!
Picture prompts are great for quick writes, morning activities, story starters, time-fillers and much more! I use them either first thing in the morning during our breakfast period (my students eat breakfast in the classroom during a 30 minute period). Or, I use them right after lunch (so that I can set up for the math period....especially if I had a million things going on at lunch and ran out of time to set up for the next lesson). And lets be honest, sometimes things come up and you need something "quick and easy" to keep your students
1. Paste/drag your image into a blank page (its easier when you don't use a preset format).
2. Create a frame using the option to insert a shape. After choosing your shape, drag the shape over your image (you will not be able to see your image again until after you complete step 4).
3. Use Quickstyles to choose the type of frame you prefer ( a solid, a frame, and color choice).
4. Click on "Arrange", choose "send to back". You can play with it to get it to look the way you want.
5. Insert text using a text box.
6. Once you are satisfied save the document as a picture.
You can then insert the prompt into your blog post as an image. Feel free to ask any questions.
If you use picture prompts, or if you are inspired to create a few, we would LOVE LOVE LOVE for you to join our Picture Prompt Linky Party!!!
This is how it works:
1. Write a short post sharing your picture prompts.
2. Post our Picture Prompt Linky Party Image on your blog post, and link it back to this post.
3. Link up below.
4. And leave your Pinterest link below. If you are not on Pinterest, please leave your email address and we can add you. Once you have been added, feel free to come back and leave us your Pinterest link and we will add you to the collaborative board.
Please remember that in order to be added to our collaborative Pinterest board, you must follow us both: Classroom Magic @ https://pinterest.com/selsmith479/
The Diary of a Not So Wimpy Teacher @ https://pinterest.com/mswainwright/
OH, and this is the BEST part of it all...... If you link up with us, we will add your picture prompt to our ebook that will be offered to all of a Facebook friends, blog buddies, Twitter friends.....and to just about any one on the web who comes across it!!!! Please make sure that whatever contact information you want shared is posted somewhere on your picture prompt!!
We look forward to reading your picture prompts and adding them to our Pinterest Board!!!